Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Giving Hope

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Once again Ellie's birthday has come, and without her here I knew I wanted to celebrate her by giving Hope to someone.  This year I choose our friends at Habitat for Hope.  They did so much for us while we were in Memphis, however the love for this group goes beyond just our time there.  I can't really explain why I feel the relationship I do with them, we are just connected.  When I asked my friends what they needed most, they explained that gift cards are so helpful to give out to families.  When I announced what we were doing, gift cards started coming in slowly.  I worried for a bit, stressed some more, and by the time of Ellie's party we had over $1500 in gift cards.  With the last few that have shown up, the total is well over $2,000 in gift cards and tons of tissues, chapstick, crayons, gum, hand lotions and more!  Since Ellie's favorite movie is Rapunzel, we decided to have a Rapunzel themed party, I'm pretty sure she would have loved it, especially all the Rapunzel hair around!
 A huge thanks to my friend Bobbi for this beautiful cake!

 We also made craft kits to send to St. Jude for the kids!

 We had helpers of all ages!
 Getting our crafty on!





The all important blowing of the balloons!
Rapunzel likes pizza...right?!?


Lighting the sky for Princess Ellie, around her Christmas tree.

 
There they go

 Enjoying the rice krispy tower!



What it's all about, giving Hope


Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5:1-5





Prayers, Praise and Pink,



Carly





No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS