Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

In Celebration Of

Saturday, May 3, 2014

It got quiet in the house just now...so rare around here, unless its 6am (and even then you have a chance of Noah showing up awake!) The boys went to the grocery store and SG just laid down for a nap and I was sweeping - because my dog has been slacking on the crumb clean up lately - and it hit me.  Tomorrow is the first walk we are doing "In Memory Of", which is way different than "In Honor Of!" We did this walk last year while she was in Memphis, and then two days later I got to take the long trip to Memphis to see her for the first time in 6 weeks. Tears arrived, and while I'm so proud of what we are accomplishing in her memory, I sure wish she was physically here to experience it.  I miss her so much, and its days like today where I could sure use a chubby cheeked hug from her.  Where she would tell me, "it will be okay Mommy!"  

This little old Princess Strong Team, composed of 26 registered team members has raised $4,339.  We are ranked #97 amongst 613 teams. I'm still amazed at the support so many people from all over the country give to us.  I'm amazed that strangers have become family and would travel all the way to DC with us "in memory of". 

I remember last year feeling so proud of my fighter, that she had this horrible disease and she was fighting it with a smile.  This year, I feel even more proud that she fought that entire battle with a smile on her face and a dance in her step.  She never complained about doctors and shots and medicines.  She loved her St. Jude friends.  I'm proud that we made choices for her treatment based on prayer.  I'm proud that she knew that Mommy and Daddy loved her to the moon and back, but God loved her most.  I'm proud that even those she's gone from this earth that we continue to raise substantial amounts of money to show just how important this all is to us.  I'm proud we are dedicated to helping others who will be faced with the same road we traveled.  I know Ellie's purpose was fulfilled here on earth, and I want so badly to fulfil mine.
Tomorrow we will wake up bright and early and head to DC, with lots of friends and family in tow.  I remember stepping into Freedom Plaza last year and having my breath taken away but the shear number of people that were there to support brain cancer.  I'm expecting the same experience this year, but probably with a heavier but super proud heart.  Noah is beyond excited for this day, as he happily emptied his cancer kid piggy bank this morning to add to our team total.  I'm pretty proud of the huge heart this child has for helping other children with cancer. 
So I ask for prayers tomorrow, for safety and for peace. That when I become overwhelmed at the masses of people and the stress of getting there, that I can take a deep breath, close my eyes and envision my girl, dimple faced smiling at me, reminding me to dance to the music and sing out loud. And when my feet are tired (3 miles isn't a Sunday stroll for me) I remember everything my girl endured and I can press on...because its all in Memory of Ellie! Although I think I like "In Celebration of" much better, because lets face it, we should totally celebrate the fact that she is in heaven, with her Heavenly father, no longer enduring the pains of this world, and one day we will all be together again....dancing.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-13 NIV)


Thank you for all who have donated to our team and helped us reach our goal.  There's still time if you'd like to help.  Click Here to donate to Team Princess Strong for the Race For Hope in DC.

Prayers, Praise and Pink
Carly

2 comments:

Gena said...

Will betraying for you and all the family!!!! I know our God will be with you tomorrow!!!! Good luck & wish I could be there,she was and still is a precious gift!!!!

Anonymous said...

God bless you may your trip be safe may you lift your hearts Princess strong

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS